Why is it called a food web? What does it have to do with energy?
Producers are the base of the food web, capturing energy and storing it in a form that living things can use.
- Taking a Marshmallow Apart
One of the easiest ways to see how plants make sugar is to take some apart, to see what it is made of.
- Calories: Measuring the Energy
To follow energy through a living system, we need a way to measure it. What exactly is a calorie?.
- Thoughts on Trees: Where does all of that wood come from?
Primary consumers are usually herbivores, eating plants to get their stored energy.
Secondary consumers are predators, animals that eat other animals.
- Finding Fat: How Secondary Consumers get more energy
- Spider Spotting: Hunt for predators in your own yard.
Meet the "clean up crew" of the food web.